Northern New England Recreation & Parks Conference
Skip to nav
Professional Development Scholarship Program
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
In 2013, the Executive Committee of the Northern New England Recreation & Parks Conference proposed setting aside a portion of the annual budget, for the purpose of awarding professional development scholarships to current VRPA, NHRPA, MERPA, or MRPA members, to attend the Northern New England Recreation & Park Conference, when they might otherwise not be able to afford to attend. The membership approved the appropriation in the budget at the 2014 NNERPC Meeting.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of the Vermont Recreation and Parks Association, New Hampshire Recreation and Park Association, Maine Recreation and Park Association or Massachusetts Recreation and Park Association.
- Applicant must be able to show proof that they are presently employed, either full-time or part-time, in a paid capacity in the Parks, Recreation and/or Leisure Services field within the state of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, or Massachusetts and have been for at least 12 months.
- Applicant must justify intent of using this award towards furthering their training and/or education.
- Applicant must submit with the application one letter of recommendation verifying the applicant's commitment and dedication to the park and recreation profession, leadership skills, and a detailed reason why this applicant is deserving of the scholarship. This letter, addressed to the scholarship committee and included with the application, should include the length and nature of the writer's association with the applicant, and the writer's address, phone number and email address.
- Applicant must be willing to share some of what he/she learned by writing an article for a state newsletter, speaking at a state meeting, or some other agreed upon means.
The delegate registration fee of $130 will be granted this year.
The recipient will be granted the registration fee for the Northern New England Conference. All other expenses will be up to the recipient.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2019 conference is November 30, 2019. If there is any money available after this first round off applications, another round will be offered.
Contact: Nicholas Campion at firstname.lastname@example.org.